Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Jude

Last week marked my nephew's first birthday.  It is hard to believe a year has passed already.  I love that Jackson has a cousin so close in age, and that I can share in the experiences with my sister. 

The birthday boy's invitation and decorations had a crocodile theme, which would have been a difficult shaped cake to carve.  I elected to go with cupcakes on top of a crocodile bathmat.  It was cute enough and very simple.


I originally planned to make his smash cake blue with a green crocodile like it was coming out of water.  Then I recalled images of my niece covered in hot pink and black icing from her first birthday zebra cake.  I decided to keep his cake clean and mostly white.

Jude devoured a good third of his cake, though he was very gentle and conservative while eating. 


Here are the boys and their mommas: Jude (12 months), Jackson (11 months), and Connor (9 months):

No comments:

Post a Comment