Sunday, May 13, 2012

Unicorn Cake and Bouncy Castle

Jackson and I headed to Gastonia to celebrate my niece's 5th birthday.  Her cake request was a unicorn, so I spent thebetter half of the morning creating this whimsical cake.  The first tier was a standard 2-layer cake baked in 9-inch pans.  I frosted it with green tinted buttercream.  The bottom border and flower decorations are flavored marshmallows cut diagonally in half.  The top tier is a 2-layer cake baked in 4-inch pans.  I frosted it with blue tinted buttercream, then piped white clouds and a simple rainbow along the side.  I topped it with a My Little Pony unicorn.


Birthday parties are excuses to eat, play, and stay up past bedtime. 

Jackson had his first experience in a bouncy castle.  He was very reserved and could only be caught smiling when he was in the arms of his trusted cousin.  Jack wanted nothing to do with bouncing or leaving her arms.

Jackson found much more amusement crawling around the outside of the bouncer and pushing back against the inflatable walls.   

As usual, Jackson enjoyed interacting with his many family members.  He scarfed down baked beans, chips, pasta salad, and potato salad before splitting a slice of  cake with his uncle.  It was well past bedtime when we left the party, so he slept peacefully in the car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment