Thursday, August 2, 2012

I ♥ My Teams

I had the pleasure of working with these lovely ladies for a few years before the district closed our school.  They literally held my hand during the most challenging moments of my first year teaching.  They forced me to eat saltine crackers with peanut butter when I was sick and pregnant.  I'm the same age as their children and I've always thought of them as mother figures.  I will always be indebted to them for showing me what it means to be a good teacher.  Even though we all work in different schools now, we still get together monthly for dinner and attend workshops together.  One of our teammates had her knee replaced so the three of us prepared dinner for her and visited at her home.  Like always, we laughed 'til we cried.


I never thought I could have as close of a relationship with another team.  Thankfully, I absolutely love my fifth grade family after working together this past year.  We work just as hard as we play and we laugh constantly.  This morning we ditched our science workshop to go see Magic Mike before coming back to my house for lunch.  (No one asked us to go to the workshop.  We decided to go because we incorrectly assumed it would be helpful with the new standards.)  It's so nice to hang out with people my age and relax away from school. 

(This photo is a year old, but we look the same.)

Our incoming fifth graders are a large class so we interviewed several teachers a few months ago to join our team.  We are excited and nervous about our fourth teammate. I pray that he will share our same work ethic and sense of humor.

1 comment: