Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fun With Cousins

Jackson was able to spend quality time with his cousins over the past few days. He spent Friday morning reading, painting, and being silly with his cousins, Lucy and Jude. We normally go to their house on Fridays, but they got to play at our house. It was the first thing Jackson asked about when he awoke.


Fun fact: Jack and Jude are exactly one month apart. They took turns putting Spiderman band-aids on one another s pretend boo boos.


After eating waffles, I rummaged through my teacher closet and broke out the large paper and paint.


Saturday proved to be even more entertaining when Jack joined his cousin, Levi, at a Spring Fling. The fundraising event was held at Jesse's brother's school.  Jackson was overwhelmed with all the inflatables, but still had fun.

One of the most entertaining parts for the boys was getting to dunk their Uncle/Dad in the dunking booth.


We enjoyed a relaxed dinner on the grass. I'm so glad I leave the blanket and toys in the van at all times because we use it several times a week.


The true highlight of our afternoon was the long awaited horse and carriage ride.  Amelia and Maddie stayed with their Aunt Chrissy while Jesse and I took the boys. Thankfully, we sat on the outside edge. The horses were going a nice, smooth speed until they hit the pavement and began galloping. It was borderline frightening! Jackson and Levi were giddy.


Neither Jesse or I had close cousins growing up. (Mine were significantly older than me.) I always wanted that bond and I'm so thankful that my kids will grow up together with their cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment