Monday, May 4, 2015

Walking Buddies

Now that the weather is warmer, I've been taking the trio to various parks on Mondays and Wednesdays. I choose a place where we can walk laps or trails.  The parks are never crowded at 9:30 a.m. and it's not too hot yet. I let the trio play on the playground for 15 minutes first.



Then we begin walking. I still bring the stroller with me so I have a back-up plan if someone gets hurt or they aren't listening and I need us to leave quickly. The majority of the time, the stroller remains empty. The kids and I take turns pushing it.


I completely follow the kids' leads and stop whenever they do. I love how inquisitive toddlers are. They pause to investigate everything from falling sweetgum balls to storm drains.


I still get plenty of exercise chasing Amelia, then running back to retrieve slowpoke Maddie. Amelia almost always leads. In fact, she runs really fast at times!


James is fast, but he gets distracted more often.


Maddie likes to take her sweet time. She has a habit of picking things up (leaves, sticks, etc) to examine or just stand idly.


Eventually the kids get tired and voluntarily sit in the stroller. Today, Amelia pushed Maddie and James the rest of the way. She's such a little mama!


The triplets' personalities are blossoming so much lately. I look forward to morning walks with the trio so I can watch them interact together and explore independently. As a bonus, it's fun exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment