Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Reflections

This is my fifth year celebrating Mother's Day as a mom. Here's a brief photo timeline.

May 2011
May 2012
May 2013
May 2014 (minus Jackson)
May 2015
Over the years, I've reflected on my relationship with my own mother, struggles with life as a stay at home mom, and the day to day adventures of being a mom. This year, I've been thinking a lot about what a complicated day Mother's Day is for so many people. It's a day to be celebrated and show appreciation for those who have been a mother figure to us, but this day can also come with emotional baggage.

I'll close with what I posted on my Facebook page

On this Mother's Day, I think of.
women who grieve the loss of their own mother
mothers who grieve the loss of a child
mothers and children who have become estranged
women who want nothing more than to have a child
women who are anxiously awaiting the birth of their child
women who do not have children, but love and nurture so many 
moms who openly share their joys and struggles with me
all those who inspire me to be a better mother.
Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment