Tuesday, August 16, 2011

4 Month Well Check

Today was Jackson's 4 month well check.  Here are his measurements from every appointment:


Weight
Height
Head
Birth
8 lb, 15 oz
21.75 in
14 in
1 Month
11 lb, 1 oz
23.25 in
15.25 in
2 Month
12 lbs, 15 oz
25 in
15.75 in
4 Month
14 lbs, 4 oz
25.75 in
16.5 in

That means he has gone from the 80th% to 50th% to 30th% in weight.  That also means that in two months, he has only gained 1 lb, 5 oz.  I don't see how this can be good.  Our doctor is not worried but I sure am!

The doctor gave us the go ahead to start sleep training and introducing solids whenever we are ready.  Personally, I think cutting out night feedings is the absolute last thing I need to do for a child that isn't gaining much weight.  Jesse and I are both okay with introducing solids though.  We will probably start with rice cereal very soon.  Jackson has already shown a lot of interest in our food and he is always licking, sucking, and smacking his lips and tongue.
Jackson received another round of shots today (the same from his 2 month check-Rotavirus, Hep B, Polio, DTP, Hib, and PCV13).  I went to work shortly after his appointment, but Jesse said he napped most of the time.  He didn't have any projectile vomit this time, but he had yet another explosive diaper.  He was his usual happy-go-lucky self when I got home, just a bit lethargic.  
I am happy to report that Jack drank 8 ounces while I was gone, and I was able to pump ten ounces.  This is why I am so confused about his weight gain.  I would understand if he had slow weight gain and I had lost my supply.  With the exception of two weeks when I was extreme dieting/exercising, my supply has been fine.  We still have over 300 ounces in the freezer and he eats plenty.  I e-mailed my best friend's mother who is the lactation consultant/ pediatric nurse practitioner.  I am anxious to see what her thoughts are on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment