Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Official Workday

Even though I've been back to work for a few weeks now, today was our official first workday.  That means I woke up shortly afer 6 a.m., nursed Jackson at 6:30, and was in the car before 7.  I got to work by 7:30, left at 4, and was home at 4:30.  Hello, new routine. 

I asked Jesse what he and Jackson did while I was working.  His only response was they "chillaxed".  After further inquiry, I still don't know what Jackson did.  Jesse worked on our budget and switched cable from Time Warner to Dish Network and internet to AT&T.

Here are the highlights of my day:
  • We had a staff retreat at our very wealthy and involved church partner.  They provided breakfast and lunch for us.  Yum!
  • We finally got our schedule.  Teacher's must be at work from 7:40-3:30 each day, with the exception of Wednesday where we must attend staff meetings at 6:40!  The good news is that 5th grade has specials (art, PE, music, guidance, and media) every day from 2:20-3:15.  This means my teaching day is over at 2:10 when the kids will pack up and go to specials while I have planning.
  • I left work promptly at 4 p.m. and didn't hit stressful traffic.  If I leave any later my commute becomes 45 minutes to an hour.
  • My classroom is FINISHED with the exception of hanging a few posters.  (Pictures are to come.)
  • I was finally able to sit down and actually work on plans with my team.  We were able to create a science pacing guide for 1st and 2nd quarter and create an outline for the first two days of school.
  • Jackson drank three 4-oz bottles.  I only pumped three times and was able to pump 16 oz!!! 

It feels so good to be back at work, but even better to come home to my gorgeous, smiling son and forever helpful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment