Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Grandparents' Day (A Day Early)

I wanted to get pictures of Jackson and his cousin Levi framed for Grandparents' Day but there were really no good pictures of the two of them together.  Over a month ago, my sister-in-law, Chrissy, and I organized an at home photo shoot with a photographer.  We were able to get the pictures printed and framed in time for Grandparents' Day. 

Unfortunately Levi came down with a temperature and they were unable to join us for dinner tonight.  We still had a good evening and were able to celebrate Jan and Jeff.  We fixed meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas for dinner.  Jackson was not a good helper while I peeled the potatoes.  He kept picking up the potatoes and throwing them on the floor. 
We enjoyed a delicious dinner with cheesecake for dessert.  Jesse and I were excited to be able to do something special for his parents.  I know they were happily surprised.

While Jackson is too young to realize it, he has the best grandparents in the world who love him with their whole hearts.  Jesse and I could not be happier that they are a constant in Jackson's life.

Happy Grandparents' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment