Monday, December 12, 2011

Twinkle Lights

The trouble with Pinterest is that I get carried away trying to replicate the ideas I see, even though I lack the necessary experience, technology, or equipment.  For example, I fell in love with the idea of using Christmas lights blurred in the background. 

It seemed simple enough.  I taped some icicle lights to the windowsill and got Jackson and the camera.  I was able to get some really cute pictures, but not what I had in mind. 

I decided to try again the next morning.  I safety pinned the lights to a white blanket and draped it over the pack-n-play.  I put our white comforter on the floor so it could reflect the light.  Once again, I was able to take some cute photos, but not what I wanted.



I quickly became frustrated and impatient.  After doing some research, I discovered that the key is to have the subject 4 or more feet away from the background.  We eventually captured the photo I wanted and I am finally content! 

No comments:

Post a Comment