Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent Q&A

I found these questions to help guide me in what I should give up/add to during the Lenten season:

What habits do I engage in that are destructive to my spiritual health?
·         Gluttony
·         Self-centered prayer
·         Hoarding money

To what material things am I too attached?
·         Internet/computer
·         Sweets

What areas in my life are unbalanced?
·         Financial
·         Prayer life/reading scripture
·         Diet

To what do I devote too much or not enough time?
·         Too much mindless time on computer/TV
·         Too much time eating junk
·         Not enough time with Jesse (no TV/computer/Jackson)
·         Not enough time in prayer/reading scripture


Based on my responses, I will make every effort to:
·         Abstain from sweets (Monday—Saturday)
·         Write a prayer for 2-3 people per day and send it to them through Facebook/e-mail
       (That’s 100+ personalized prayers during the Lenten season to express gratitude and concern for loved ones.)
·         Follow daily scripture reading/study before bed
·         Make monthly financial commitment to the church (set-up automatic online deposits)

1 comment:

  1. Nice questions; sounds like a great plan. I know a certain someone was really touched by the message you sent.

    ReplyDelete