Over the past few months, I have realized the following things:
1. I seriously H-A-T-E trying to conceive. I hate the uncertainty, the paranoia, the disappointment of seeing only one line. Mostly I hate how obsessive and impatient I become. I hate not having control and not being able to plan my life according to my timeline.
2. I love being in school. I am book smart. I like learning. I like research. I went through 13 years of public school, then immediately completed my undergrad. I took a year off before working towards my Master's Degree. I completed my last class Feb. 14, 2011 and am very eager to go back for my doctorate.
3. I really enjoy baking and decorating cakes, though I also get especially frustrated trying to make things look exactly the way I picture them in my mind. I know plenty of people who are much more talented than I am, but I take pleasure in pleasing others with sweets. I used to think I could make cakes for money, but I don't think I would be very good at it or make enough money for it to be worth it.
4. I LOVE being a mother, much more than I thought I could. While I was pregnant, I was very nervous about bonding with Jackson. I was never a fan of infants and I still don't especially love other people's babies all that much. However, I absolutely love motherhood and am amazed at how much I care for Jackson.
5. One of my greatest talents is gaining and losing weight. Seriously, weight just falls off when I try to actually lose weight. And the pounds pack back on when I stop caring. I pretty much fail at maintaining a healthy weight.