Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mickey Mouse Cake

The Mickey Mouse cake was probably my easiest and least stressful cake to make.  I used two box cake mixes.  I made two batches of buttercream icing-one chocolate, one vanilla.  I needed the vanilla to make pink icing and copper icing. 

The face was made with a two-layer chocolate cake baked in 8-inch pans.  The ears were both two-layer white cakes baked in 4-inch pans.  After baking the cakes I placed them in the freezer for a few hours.  When I was ready to frost them the cakes were so easy to work with and the chocolate frosting went on smoothly.  I trimmed the ears so they would fit better against the curve of Mickey's face.

Next, I stared at my favorite Mickey Mouse books and made a basic outline of Mickey's features with vanilla icing. 


After making the outline, I used a star tip to fill in his face with copper tinted icing.  I went back and filled in his mouth with pink icing.  Voila!


Of course, the best part was delivering Mickey to the birthday girl!

1 comment:

  1. My friend's baby is turning 1 this October and a Mickey Mouse Birthday Party is on top list. The very reason why I decided to make a collection of this amazing party ideas. I hope it would be okay to list some of your ideas on my compilation? Please say yes. Nice stuffs in here and thanks for sharing.
    God bless always!
    Regards,
    Meow
    http://meowchie.snydle.com/mickey-mouse-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete