Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mickey Mouse Cake

The Mickey Mouse cake was probably my easiest and least stressful cake to make.  I used two box cake mixes.  I made two batches of buttercream icing-one chocolate, one vanilla.  I needed the vanilla to make pink icing and copper icing. 

The face was made with a two-layer chocolate cake baked in 8-inch pans.  The ears were both two-layer white cakes baked in 4-inch pans.  After baking the cakes I placed them in the freezer for a few hours.  When I was ready to frost them the cakes were so easy to work with and the chocolate frosting went on smoothly.  I trimmed the ears so they would fit better against the curve of Mickey's face.

Next, I stared at my favorite Mickey Mouse books and made a basic outline of Mickey's features with vanilla icing. 


After making the outline, I used a star tip to fill in his face with copper tinted icing.  I went back and filled in his mouth with pink icing.  Voila!


Of course, the best part was delivering Mickey to the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment