Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Jesse celebrated this Father's Day in a log cabin in Elkin, NC.  We spent the weekend at a vineyard celebrating the wedding of one of my best friends.  Here is a cute shot of my two boys at the reception.  

I wasn't sure how to make Jesse feel special since we were out of town.  It was easy to get pictures and a gift together last year because Jesse was working and I was on maternity leave.  However, there were very few opportunities this year to make anything without Jesse knowing about it.  I managed to put together a collage for his teacher desk next year in the Walgreen's parking lot.   We stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the way home.


Once home we immediately took a nap.  Unfortunately, I settled in for what became a four hour nap.  When I woke up, Jackson was in his crib and Jesse was at work.  While Jesse was at work Jackson and I purchased the key ingredients for a pineapple upside down cake.  Jesse has been requesting a pineapple upside down cake ever since my nephew requested a pineapple cake last September.  The recipe said to make it in a cast iron skillet, but I thought it would look nicer and serve better as individual cakes instead.  Ta da!



Overall, I'm not sure it was a very memorable Father's Day, but I hope Jesse felt appreciated.  I admire him for making numerous sacrifices to "stay home" and still provide for his family.  We have had to be very flexible to do what we thought was best for Jackson in his first year of life.  Jesse has proven to be a selfless father and I can't wait for future children and future Father's Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment