Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wedding Weekend: Bonnie's Perspective

Since I had a workday on Friday, I packed my bags the night before.  Jesse got everything else ready and we were on the road by 2 p.m.  The wedding was held at a winery that also had several cabins on site.  The bride's parents generously allowed us to stay in their cabin.  We had our own bathroom and spacious bedroom.  I was curious how Jackson would sleep since he's never slept in a pack-n-play.  Though it took a while for him to settle down, Jackson slept peacefully the entire night.


The only thing I would have changed about the weekend was waking up every hour to these guys staring down at me:


The bridesmaids were kept very busy throughout the weekend!  Friday night's agenda included the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ice cream social for out-of-town guests, and bachelorette bonfire.  Saturday's itinerary included getting a manicure and pedicure, bridal luncheon (yummy salmon BLT), and getting ready (hair, make-up, dress) before the photographer arrived.  The photographer had us doing some interesting poses such as sitting on the ground, jumping in the air, playing tug-of-war with the groomsmen, and carrying the groom.



The outdoor wedding ceremony was simple and beautiful.  I tried to get a nice family photo at the reception but I waited to late.  My feet aching required flip flops and Jackson's exhaustion eliminated his smiles.


My favorite part of the reception was the father-daughter dance.  They danced to Heartland's I Loved Her First.  It was so very sweet!   


Both the bride and groom were such great hosts and didn't show the slightest level of stress.  Everyone seemed to have a genuinely good time at the reception.  Here is the groom with his new, enthusiastic siblings:


The newlyweds made their exit through an arch of sparklers and the wedding party began cleaning up.  Jesse and Jackson were already in bed by this point, so I tip-toed back in the cabin and scrubbed my make-up off.  Despite a busy schedule, everything went flawlessly.  Hooray for old friends, celebrating true love, dressing up, and wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment