Monday, February 1, 2016

Best Friends Since Birth

On Sunday I had some kind of flu-like plague that gave me aches, chills, and a fever. I ended up sleeping over 12 hours and felt much better. I still have a pretty bad headache and fatigue, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. Since I wasn't feeling 100% this morning, I skipped Zumba and took the trio to the park. It was already in the mid-50's and we were in no rush. 

It's been several weeks since the kids have been able to play at the park for as long as they want. They've suddenly grown so much stronger and agile. I looked over and James was scaling this curved ladder like he's done it a hundred times before. 


All three of them climbed steps, rock walls, and ladders that they've never climbed before. Even Maddie repeatedly chose a difficult path to reach the tallest slides. There are numerous slides at this playground, but they preferred to go on these three slides together. Amelia would get to the top and say, "I wait Jamie. I wait Maddie." When everyone was at the top, James would announce, "Ready. Set. Go!"


Speaking of James, the picture below isn't the sharpest image, but it's so rare I'm able to capture his dimple. It's my favorite feature of his.


The trio and I returned home for some downtime and lunch before picking Jackson up. By that point the temperature was 70 degrees, Going to the park was more or less a requirement. After a rough few weeks of poor behavior, Jackson has resumed his good listening skills and helpful brother status. He was especially adorable with the girls this afternoon. 




We tried going mini-golfing but they were renovating the course with new grass. Not wanting to go home yet, we took advantage of a 20% off coupon at Sweet Frog. Two different strangers complimented the kids on their excellent behavior. 


After frozen yogurt the kids played in the patio area. They spontaneously held hands and stood in a line, requesting that I take their picture. We ran around, danced, and sang. It was a fantastic afternoon!


As we were walking back to the van, the kids stopped to smell the flowers. Then they climbed on the bricks and waited for me to take a picture once again. I'm loving these unprompted photo shoots!


The kids have such an incredible bond. More often than not, they play well together, share, laugh, and entertain one another. I admire their interactions and hope they maintain their close relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment