Thursday, July 11, 2013

Confessions from a Lover of Pregnancy

Here's the truth about why I love being pregnant:

I get to create life.  There is nothing more empowering and glorifying to God than knowing my body is doing what it was designed to do, and I am responsible for bringing humans into this world.

The babies are all mine!  Selfish, I know, but I don't have to share them.  I get to rub my belly with pride, feel the kicking sensations from the inside, and protect them all by myself.

Walking around a mall, vacuuming, and mopping count as exercise.  I don't feel any need or pressure to go to the gym or physically exert myself.  Of course, I try to stay active, but not to the point of pain.

It is 100% acceptable to gain weight and eat what I want without judgment.  It's the only time in my life where I can be enormous and feel beautiful at the same time. 

I get to take as many naps as I want, completely guilt-free.  I have always been one to enjoy an afternoon nap, but it is a necessity while pregnant.  I do not have one shred of guilt peacefully napping, knowing that I'm giving my body the essential rest it needs to keep my babies healthy.

As long as I'm pregnant, I don't have to deal with newborns.  I know I will love my babies, but that doesn't mean I enjoy the post partum hormones, sleep deprivation, exclusive responsibility of feedings, and recovery from delivery.  If I could just fast forward to 3 month old babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment