Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Difference a Year Makes!

These photos were taken exactly one year apart:


On December 10, 2012, Jesse and I discovered we had three little babies growing inside my severely cramping uterus.  To say we were shocked is an understatement.  The babies were each measuring between 4-5 millimeters.  They each had a tiny, beating heart that could already be detected on an ultrasound at only 6 weeks old.  On that day, I struggled to process everything.  My OB kept using terms like "selective reduction", "high-risk", "complications", "survival rates" and "bedrest".  I left the office feeling every emotion possible, with a deep sense of fear about our future.

Fast-forward a year and that day now feels like a decade ago.  I know I had a rare pregnancy in the triplet world, but the biggest challenge I experienced was advocating to postpone delivery until 37 weeks.  Looking back on those tiny specks on the ultrasound, I could have never imagined they would turn into these three strong, healthy babies with budding personalities.  What a blessing this past year has been!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year! And yes what a blessing the trio are!

    ReplyDelete