Monday, February 23, 2015

MyPublisher For the Win

A few months ago I made my very first digital family yearbook using MyPublisher software. My experience was extremely frustrating since I was using an older computer that kept crashing and could not handle the program. Despite a challenging time creating the book, I was so happy with the actual product that I purchased a voucher for an 80 page book with super gloss and lay-flat pages for $40.

I am thrilled to report that I had a much faster and smoother experience creating my most recent yearbook. I used my HP Stream Notebook. I did not have any problems with MyPublisher using this laptop. The photo book arrived today, exactly one week after I ordered it.


I won't show as many pages since I already picked my favorite pictures from 2012 in a recent post. Here's the basic overview of the book. The voucher included a photo finish cover.


There are headings for each month. Some pages have captions, others are just collages or full page photo.


The super gloss printing really is amazing. The colors pop so much more and there's just an overall shine to everything.


Like last time, I included screenshot images of Facebook posts and blog posts to provide more storytelling than just photographs. 


The only other added feature was lay-flat pages. I did not select this feature last time since it is a bit pricey, but it was included in the voucher.  


Here's a comparison picture of lay-flat pages in the 2012 yearbook vs. regular pages in the 2013 yearbook.


Once again, I am so pleased with the product. It looks better than any photo books I've created with Shutterfly, Snapfish, or Mixbook. (Now I just need to figure out how to get MyPublisher as a sponsor. Ha!)

My favorite part about the book is how excited Jackson is about looking at the pictures. Nearly all of the photos in this particular book include Jackson as a toddler. He has looked through the book several times today, asking questions and making up stories for each page.


Now that I know my computer can handle the software, I'm eager to get caught up with creating our digital family yearbooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment