Monday, February 2, 2015

Reliving My Childhood

We had a lazy Monday at home. In fact, none of us even got dressed today. It was much needed and I somehow managed to experience so many of my favorite childhood things.

1. The girls and I spent nearly an hour coloring. James wanted to color. just not on the coloring book pages. His crayon holding privileges were revoked. Maddie was in a trance trying each different color. Amelia looked genuinely surprised like she was being allowed to do something she shouldn't be.


2. Much like every girl of the '90's, Amelia has developed a borderline unhealthy relationship with her jellies. She wears them like tap shoes and prances around the room, tapping along the hardwood floors downstairs. She cried when I took them off before her nap.


3. After some rough interactions with his siblings, it was clear Jackson needed some individual attention. While the trio napped, we played concentration, put together puzzles, and broke out this classic game. I couldn't even guess how many times I played Hungry, Hungry Hippos as a child. I was elated that Jackson enjoys it just as much as I did.


4. Jackson requested to watch Scooby Doo. I didn't realize he even knew who Scooby Doo was, but it was a refreshing change of pace from superheroes.


No comments:

Post a Comment