Wednesday, March 4, 2015

No-Mess Finger Painting

I have a high tolerance for mess, especially when it comes to arts and crafts. However, I have seen at least five different moms post pictures of their kids "finger painting" with ziploc bags on windowsills and tables. I gave in to peer pressure.

The set-up is super easy.

  1. Squeeze a few globs of different colored paint inside a plastic bag. 
  2. Push the air out of the bag and seal it closed.
  3. Tape it on a window, door, or table.
  4. Let the kids explore.


I taped it on the window of the playroom while the triplets were waking up from their nap. As soon as I took them out of their cribs, they ran straight to the window. 





James had more fun figuring out how to rip the bag off the window. In the process, he punctured the bag. I only noticed because there was a tiny smudge of paint on the windowsill and his nails. Leave it up to James to find a way to make "no-mess" finger painting messy.


While I first thought of this as a toddler craft, Jackson was really intrigued and practiced writing letters and shapes in the paint.


I liked doing this activity on the window because it was neat to see the light shine through the colors. The kids were occupied for a good twenty minutes, so I consider it a success!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and they do look like little stained glass....so clever :)

    ReplyDelete