Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Amelia's Second Belly Button

I normally shower while the kids are sleeping, but I like to take my time on Wednesday mornings since Jackson doesn't have school. All four kids were playing upstairs in Jackson's room when I hopped in the shower. Everything upstairs is toddler-proof so I didn't hesitate about taking a quick shower. While shaving my legs, I heard Amelia screaming. I ran out, soaking wet, to discover this sight.


I don't know how she climbed the dresser. I assumed she was crying because she had gotten herself stuck and couldn't figure out how to get down. I took a picture, planning to send some smart ass text to Jesse about having hairy legs because of this monkey. I picked her up and she screamed even more, but I couldn't figure out why.

Zooming in from the above picture, you can tell the cause of her distress. Amelia managed to get her stomach caught in an eyeglass case.


It literally removed a chunk of skin! My poor girl!


After 45 minutes of snuggles and a dose of Tylenol, Amelia finally resumed playing with her siblings.


Three lessons I learned today:
1. Beware of eyeglass cases.
2. Toddler-proof does not apply to Amelia.
3. It's best to stick to showering while kids are sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment