Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Desserts

Here were some of my favorite recipes I've baked over the last week. None of these desserts are specific to Thanksgiving, but they were each requested or favored by loved ones.

Salted Caramel Cake

Butter Pecan Cake

Rice Krispy Treats

Double Chocolate Pretzels

Grandma Ople's Apple Pie

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I don't know about the Salted Caramel Cake since it was for a friend, but I can tell you that all of the other desserts were a big hit! I made multiple batches of rice krispy treats and they were the first dessert to go at every family dinner! I don't follow any recipe, but I've nearly perfected it. I use 1 stick of butter, 2 bags of mini marshmallows, and most of a large box of cereal. The key is to melt everything slowly over low heat so it doesn't dry out.

The Butter Pecan cake was so rich and delicious. I have already bookmarked it as one of my favorites. It will definitely be a special occasion cake due to the expensive ingredients and time consuming process.

I look forward to making each of these desserts again, as well as trying new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment