Thursday, January 21, 2016

Half Birthday Photos

As much as I love birthdays, I in no way celebrate half birthdays. However, I do consciously think about the trio's half birthday every January (probably because it's the week after mine). Some of my all time favorite photos have been taken within a few days of their half birthday each year.

Exactly 6 months old

18 months old

2.5 years old

I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with the triplets from birth to age 3. The first three years is a period of rapid growth and development, and I've been there to observe, teach, and support the trio at every milestone. As I've begun to apply for jobs, I can't help but feel nostalgic about my time as a stay at home mom. Sometimes I still find myself thinking, "I seriously had three babies at the same time!?!" It's amazing for me to look back at the first two pictures and recall exactly what stages they were in at the time, then compare it to everything they can do now. I love how big their personalities are, how independent they are becoming, and that I still get to spend every day with them for the next six more months!  (Now I just need to remember this when we're in the throes of toddler tantrum hell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment