Friday, September 19, 2014

Krispy Kreme: Dress Like a Pirate

Thankfully my sister let me know about Dress Like a Pirate Day at Krispy Kreme today. I don't know if we love dressing up, eating doughnuts, or receiving free things more. It was a win for everyone. 

In order to receive the free dozen you had to have at least three of the following: eye patch, pirate hat, bandanna, peg leg, parrot on shoulder, pirate shirt, knickers, leather belt, silver or gold necklaces, pirate hook, pointy black boots, or ragged brown sandals. Jackson had a variety of pirate hats in his dress up bin. I made an eye patch by safety pinning black fabric scraps around one of the girls' elastic headbands. I cut one of Jesse's old t-shirts and used a shoelace to tie through for a pirate shirt. Here's the handsome pirate:


There aren't any Krispy Kremes within a 30 minute radius from our house, so it's a rare treat for our family to eat these melt-in-your-mouth doughnuts. There is one on the way to my sister's house, which is where we like to spend our Fridays.

Jackson fell asleep on the drive. Thankfully he awoke in a great mood in the Krispy Kreme parking lot. We didn't have a parrot but we took along a random stuffed animal.


In addition to our free dozen glazed doughnuts, I let him pick out a chocolate sprinkle doughnut. I told him he could take off his eye patch and hat once we got the doughnuts, but he continued to wear them.


The babies enjoyed their first doughnut. (as if it's possible not to enjoy it)



Amelia, aka our predictable heifer, finished her bite first and just glared at me until I gave her another bite.


We won't have any problem polishing off our dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment