Saturday, November 26, 2011

And The Stockings Were Hung By the Staircase With Care

A few years ago Jesse and I made these very homemade stockings:

While they are fine, I've never been big fans of them.  I wanted to have nicer stockings for Jackson, but nothing too fancy.  I browsed online at embroidered stockings and adorable personalized stockings.  They were way too expensive, so I looked on Etsy to get some ideas of something that required little talent.  I discovered that Hobby Lobby just so happened to have 50% off all Christmas items today.  Off Jackson and I went!

They stocking selection at Hobby Lobby was incredible.  I bought five basic red and green stockings and two packs of white iron-on letters for $15!  (The stockings were so cheap I got two extra for future children so they would all match.)  Jackson supervised me in the jumper while I peeled and ironed the letters onto the stockings.  Here is the finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment