Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top 5 Must Have Kitchen Gadgets for MoMs

Since introducing table food at nine months old, here are my most frequently used kitchen gadgets:


1. Griddle
I use a griddle almost daily to cook French toast, pancakes, grilled cheese, quesadilla, etc. I don't have the time or patience to flip individual ham and cheese sandwiches on the stove, so the griddle is a huge time saver.

2. Pizza Cutter
A good pizza cutter is so much more efficient at quickly cutting foods into bite size pizzas. (Simple machines lesson: The larger the wheel, the easier it is to push. Don't waste your time on small, cheap pizza cutters.)

3. Cutting Board
We haven't transitioned to plates yet, so I prepare everything on the cutting board, then divide it onto high chair trays. I love the IKEA cutting boards because they are large and flexible.

4. Food Processor
From 6-12 months, I used a food processor at least once a day to puree or mince table food for the trio. If James and Maddie did not have milk allergies, I would use it regularly to make smoothies or shred cheese for them.

5. Mini Muffin Tin
Miniature muffins are the perfect size for the trio to hold and bite. I make double batches of banana or pumpkin muffins so I have can freeze a hundred quick snacks. I haven't been too adventurous yet, but a quick search on Pinterest will direct you to dozens of recipes for mini quiches, corndogs, oatmeal bits, broccoli and cheese bites, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. KTZ

    ReplyDelete