Thursday, December 25, 2014

Company

The holidays are great excuses to visit with old friends. I've had two opportunities to share meals and laughter with various friends this week. On Monday morning we had the pleasure of catching up with my best friend from high school and her sister. Thankfully, both women love children and our kids love them!


Jackson made sure all of our guests looked through our family yearbook. I love that he is proud and enjoys looking through the pictures as much as I do.



We happen to stockpile black beans and tortillas (Thanks, WIC!) so we all ate quesadillas for lunch.



Unfortunately my itinerary for Monday was nonstop from 2-8 pm with youth group activities, so I didn't get as much change to sit and enjoy company. We chatted while I baked cookies and prepared youth group.

The next day my friend and former teammate came over to join our family chaos. She adores the kids and makes sure to visit every few months to receive her share of kisses.



We went out for cocktails after the kids went to bed. It was the perfect environment to update on the realities of teaching, grad school, relationships, sex, etc.

While my friendships with fellow moms are invaluable, it was refreshing to laugh and talk about things other than potty training, toddler eating habits, and preschool. I am so grateful for the friendship of these women. Though we don't see each other as often, we are always able to pick up where we left off.


No comments:

Post a Comment