Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ikea: Breakfast and Bibs

This morning I decided to take the trio to Ikea for breakfast and to play. It's been several months since ventured to Ikea. I was stopped by three different people complimenting my multi-tasking. I guess it's unusual to see a woman wear a baby while simultaneously pushing a double stroller and cart of food.
 
It is so much easier to let the trio eat at little tables rather than finding and carrying three high chairs to a table. They did such a great job and stayed seating until they finished eating. (We'll see how long that lasts...) All four of us ate pancakes, eggs, sausage, and potatoes for $3.54.
 

While eating, I unintentionally joined a Russian Bible Study. The group of moms were very relaxed but passionate. They invited me to join them every Tuesday morning. I told them I appreciated the offer but was a bit too distracted to focus on the devotion. Still, it was such a nice way to start my morning!

I let the trio explore the kids' display areas. Our time was cut short thanks to a necessary diaper change for James.


Before leaving I let them walk up and down the warehouse aisles. This was the easiest entertainment they've had in a while. Amelia sweetly put her hand out because I always make her hold my hand while walking. I kept telling her she could go explore and she would turn around and look at me for approval. Maddie walked happily in the middle. James, the stereotypical boy, found it much more entertaining to play hide and seek. Can you find him?


The whole reason we went to Ikea was because I wanted to buy some of their bibs. (Truly, I think a "smock" is a more accurate term.) We haven't used bibs in many months, but the triplets are starting to make a mess again now that they are using utensils. They do a really good job spoon feeding themselves applesauce, oatmeal, and stew, though not every bit ends up in their mouths. 
I bought four bibs for $10. (They are only sold in packs of two.)
 
Amelia modeled hers for me. None of the trio even tried to rip them off. They have a long Velcro strip along the neck, elastic cuffs at the wrist, and a pocket to catch food.
 

Clean up was incredibly easy.

James was ready for seconds.
Perhaps I'll break out the paint again now that I don't have to worry about the trio painting their clothes.

1 comment: