Sunday, August 30, 2015

Growing Babies

You know your babies were tiny when the clothes they wore in the hospital can fit their dolls. I especially recall how small Maddie was, since she continued to wear preemie clothes long after Amelia outgrew them. Maddie only weighed 4 lbs, 13 oz when she was discharged. Two years later, she's gained 20 pounds and is so feisty. Amelia is unusually strong and can climb the tallest inflatable and playground equipment. It's so strange dressing the girls' dolls in the very same clothes I dressed them in two years ago.


I've been extra nostalgic lately because my Timehop app is filled with photos of newborn triplets every single day. I have to refrain from posting my Timehop daily because I love each picture I see!  I remember those early days, but it almost feels like newborn triplets happened to someone else, as if I was an observer and not the one living it.

As much as I didn't want to be a stay-at-home mom, I am so thankful that I've been able to spend so much time with the kids during these early years of rapid growth and development. I finally updated the "Meet the Family" page, and was shocked at how much all four of them have changed just in the last year. The toddler stage is especially challenging for me, but I hope I can savor it and not take these days for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Every pregnant ladies should take anomoly scan in 7th month. Radolabs Scan Centre Chennai provides you at lower cost.

    ReplyDelete