Friday, June 28, 2013

1 Month Pregnant

 
 
 
How Far Along: 4 Weeks
 
Symptoms:  strong metallic taste in my mouth, vivid dreams, already starting to feel nauseous, lots of cramping, hot flashes

Energy: no difference in usual energy level.  I did take a few naps this week, but only because it's Thanksgiving break and I can.

Mood: I've been especially cranky with the students lately, but mostly because this is the class from hell and I'm overwhelmed with starting National Boards.  My classroom is so hot now that they've turned the heat on and I'm just dripping sweat.  I have to open the outside door to get some fresh air.

Cravings: water, mint gum

Movement:  It's way too early to feel a baby but I am having some ridiculous stretching, cramping, pulling, and tugging.  I am waiting to start my period any day now.
 
Sleep: I'm already having vivid, colorful dreams, which is something I only experience while pregnant.

Maternity Clothes I never stopped wearing maternity clothes after Jackson was born.  Most of the time I wear button up jeans or slacks, but I love my black yoga pants and blue or purple maternity shirts on the weekend.
 
What I miss:  naïve innocence that every pregnancy goes perfectly and ends with a healthy baby
 
Concerns: I am terrified of this pregnancy ending in another miscarriage.  I won't allow myself to accept anything until I see a heartbeat.

OB notes:  I took 50mg of Clomid on days 2-6 of my cycle.  I had intense hot flashes and sweating right around the time of conception.  We weren't supposed to try to conceive because my OB wanted to regulate my ovulation and monitor progesterone levels.  I got a positive pregnancy test on Friday and called my OB to tell them I was pregnant.  Because of the missed miscarriage, they want to see me early.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, Dec. 10 after school.  I'll be 6 weeks 1 day.
 
Best Moment this Month:  After feeling very off with no appetite on Thanksgiving, I bought a store-brand pregnancy test while we were shopping at Target on Black Friday.  I took the test while Jesse and Jackson were hanging Christmas decorations outside (Nov. 23).  A very dark line appeared within seconds, even though it hasn't been 4 weeks since my last menstrual period (Oct. 28).  Jesse and I are cautious and detached at the moment, but hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment