Friday, June 28, 2013

3 Months Pregnant


How Far Along: 12 Weeks
 
Symptoms:   round ligament pain.  It hurts to sneeze, cough, laugh, etc.  The nausea subsided around 10 weeks.  I'm still taking Unisom and B6 because I'm afraid to wake up throwing up.  The other major symptom is my internal thermostat is completely broken.  I drape myself in a snuggie and blankets as soon as I get home.

Energy: Over Christmas break I slept a solid 12 hours each night and still napped for 2 hours while Jackson napped.  (Thank you, Jesse!)  I feel like I'm getting my second wind now and an increase in energy.
 
Mood: A two week vacation could not have come at a better time.  I think my hormones are stabilizing and I feel pretty relaxed.

Cravings: I eat several grilled cheese sandwiches each week and a protein bar every day.
 
Movement:  I swear I felt flutters at 11 weeks.  It's nothing predictable, but I occasionally get little feelings like popcorn popping inside of me.
 
Sleep: Sleep is restful, with a few interruptions to pee each night.  The whole family takes naps on the weekends.

Maternity Clothes:  They are a necessity now.  I wear long skirts or maternity pants every day now.  Thankfully, I have tons of maternity shirts from Katie, Christina, and April.
 
What I miss:  Mom and Dad.  I can't imagine their reactions to our triplets.  Mom always said one of us would have twins.  Haha!
 
Concerns: Now that reality is setting in, I'm starting to get nervous about the logistics, especially finances.  I don't know how we're going to afford three babies.  Daycare for four children would literally cost more than my entire paycheck, which means either Jesse or I will have to stay home for at least a year.  I just don't know how we can make things work on one income.
 
OB notes:  I saw the MFM for the first time on New Year's Eve for the NT scan.  They measured the thickness of skin behind each baby's neck.  The ultrasound tech and MFM both said everything looks great and all babies are developing equally.  He explained that if one of the babies was not viable, they could likely detect abnormalities or drastic difference in size.  The MFM did not suggest selective reduction, but I was surprised that he was rather persistent on marriage counseling.  Apparently parents of higher-order multiples have significantly higher divorce rates.
 

 
Best Moment this Month:  The ultrasound on New Year's Eve provided such relief that all three babies were growing and developing exactly how they should be.  I am letting myself fall in love with them now!  We announced the news on Facebook by posting the ultrasound picture.  The response was overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment