Saturday, June 29, 2013

8 Months Pregnant



How Far Along: 32 Weeks
 
Symptoms:  heartburn, minor swelling of hands and feet, painful swelling in lower stomach, stretch marks have taken over, stomach and boobs are violently itchy

Energy: I keep up with household chores of sweeping, steam mopping,  doing dishes, cooking dinner, etc.  I am having a harder time grocery shopping or navigating Wal Mart without my stomach tensing up (Braxton Hicks).  I think I have more energy than I really do.

Mood: Anxiety level is increasing as I get further along.  I'm very fearful of the unknown, which is pretty much everything at this point! 

Cravings: The #1 thing I want is crushed ice.  I fill cup after cup with icy water and eat the ice by the spoonful.  Chick-Fil-A habit became too expensive, so I'm back to enjoying my Carnation chocolate milk and protein bars. 

Movement:  The babies must still have room since they are changing positions, but the movements are more subtle.  I can still watch them roll across parts of my belly.
 
Sleep: My heartburn is back with a vengeance, mostly when I lay down at night.  I toss and turn all night and am pretty wide awake around 4-5 a.m.  My stomach is an anchor that weighs me down.

Maternity Clothes:  I've already outgrown the shirts I bought last month, so I'm sticking to dresses and yoga pants with my 2X Fire Bowl t-shirt.  School just ended so I don't have to worry about my wardrobe anymore.
 
What I miss:  Playing with Jackson on the floor, rocking with him in the recliner, bathing him
 
Concerns: Jackson has become increasingly more aggressive towards the babies and I.  He clearly favors Jesse and won't include me in his night time routine anymore.  I don't know how he's going to transition once the babies are born.  : (

OB notes:  I have searched throughout the state trying to find a doctor who will "allow" me to deliver vaginally.  I've only found two OB's in the entire state who are willing, but they both require me to relocate to their city for close monitoring once I reach 34 weeks.  That limits my options to hospital bedrest or renting a hotel room, neither of which is affordable or feasible with a two year old. 
 
At 31 weeks, my fundal height was 48 cm!  At 32 weeks, the babies are weighing over 13 pounds (right around 4 and 1/2 lbs each) and my cervical length was 3.2 cm. 
 

Best Moment this Month:  Everything is finally coming together!  I am on full time maternity leave.  I just submitted National Boards.  We had our final baby shower (Jesse's work) and received an impressive amount of gift cards and miscellaneous baby items that we used towards to nursery.  We finished the nursery in a productive 72 hour whirlwind.  Jesse traded in his beloved Prius for a 2008 Honda Odyssey on Memorial Day. 


Nursery Progress: My amazing sisters came over and took charge of the closet.  All of the sorted clothes are in easily accessible, labeled bins.  We received an overwhelming amount of furniture from family and friends and assembled everything.  I went to work on decorating with name art and wall decals.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment