Saturday, June 29, 2013

7 Months Pregnant



How Far Along: 28 Weeks
 
Symptoms:  started getting Braxton Hicks contractions, having difficulty breathing as Madeline is transverse under my ribs, having to pee all the time since James is pressing on my bladder.  The worst part about having to pee is that I must not be emptying my bladder because I literally have to pee again 10 minutes later.  I had severe back pain (after sleeping in a hotel room without my body pillow) that required an immediate chiropractor visit.

Energy: It's hard to physically get out of bed in the mornings, but I feel energized once I've had breakfast and am at work.  By the time I get home I'm ready to crash!  Teaching for only 5 hours is becoming draining.

Mood: Jackson has been testing my patience in every possible way.  Terrible twos + pregnancy hormones is not a good combination!  He goes back and forth between clingy and hating the babies and I. 
 
Cravings: I have gone through the Chick-Fil-A drive through on my way home more times than I should admit.  Did you know that a #1 (chicken sandwich) on wheat, no pickle, unsweet tea, and 2 bbq sauces costs exactly $6.38? 

Movement:  My uterus is less of a boxing ring and more of a gymnastics mat.  I don't feel individual jabs as much as I feel entire bodies rotating.  It looks like my stomach is doing the wave.
 
Sleep: I wake up every 2 hours around the clock.  It's so predictable I don't even have to check what time it is (10, 12, 2, 4, 6).  It's seriously becoming difficult and downright painful to switch sides.

Maternity Clothes:  After outgrowing many of my shirts, I bought a few shirts at Ross.  Since most of my pants are low-rise (simply because they flap over from the weight of my belly), I have to make sure my shirts are long enough to cover everything. 
 
What I miss:  teaching science.  I'm thankful to have the time off and flexibility to work half days, but I love science and hate that I don't get to teach it anymore.  I also miss my afternoon hugs from each student on the way to the busses.
 
Concerns: Now that I'm in the third trimester, I'm starting to feel that time is against me when it comes to finishing baby preparations.  We still don't have enough car seats, a van, or an assembled nursery.

OB notes:  I'll continue with weekly appointments throughout my pregnancy. At 26 weeks, the babies were weighing just over 2 lbs each and my cervical length was 3.8 cm.  My fundal height is 44 cm.  I haven't had any signs of pre-eclampsia as my blood pressure has never been above120/80 and I've never had protein in my urine.
 
Best Moment this Month:  Getting the call that I passed my glucose test at 26 weeks!  Once again, I avoided the 3 hour test.  To celebrate, I ate 2 bowls of ice cream.
 
Nursery Progress: Clothes have been sorted by size and gender.  They are in giant piles around the room.  I had my second baby shower (hosted by sisters and Elizabeth) where I received a few more baby items and money for a feeding table.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I like you, i think you are fit. Very sexy woman, i get a hard on looking at youre pictures

    ReplyDelete