Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Lovers


While Jackson was at school on Thursday and the babies napped, I went to work in the kitchen.  My mother-in-law brought over two large containers of creamy peanut butter that were on sale.  We are crunchy peanut butter fans, so I found some recipes to utilize our new supply of creamy peanut butter. 

Jesse requested those no-bake cookies that have chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal.  I apparently didn't cook the sugar mixture long enough on the stove because my first batch never hardened or formed into cookies.  They still tasted great but we had to leave them in the fridge.  My second attempt following this recipe exactly was a success.    

While the cookies cooled, I made brownie bites with peanut butter frosting.  I used one of my favorite brownie recipes and experimented with the frosting.  I didn't measure everything, but it ended up being 1/2 a stick of butter, tbsp. of vanilla, and about a cup of powdered sugar and cup of peanut butter.  Since the brownies were baked in mini cupcake tins, they didn't take long at all to bake (15ish minutes). 



Both desserts were well received by Jesse, though not my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment