Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Multitasking

 
As a teacher, I've always been good at multitasking.  I always referred to my classroom as organized chaos.  Even though I've gone from juggling 24 kids to 4 kids, there's just as much going on at any given time during the day.  Here's a slight glimpse into portions of my day:

This morning I pumped in the garage while blowing bubbles, rotating babies among activity mats, bouncers, and tummy time, and watching Jackson "mow the lawn". 


Then I simultaneously fed all three babies (with the use of pillows as bottle props) while stuffing inserts into diapers and putting them away.

I managed to hop in the shower while the girls napped, James played on an activity mat in the pack-n-play, and Jackson brushed his teeth for 10 minutes.  (FYI, I can't leave the babies unsupervised on the floor or bed because Jackson can't be trusted alone with them.)

I pumped while driving the kids to visit their MiMi at work, fed them while talking to her coworkers, and pumped while driving back home. 

As soon as the kids were home and napping, I folded laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and began cooking dinner all at once.  This was, of course, interrupted by having to soothe fussy babies.

 
Just once I'd like to finish one task before starting another.  Life has become a never-ending relay race, except there's no one to pass the baton to from 7 am-5 pm.  I always envisioned having a lot of downtime as a stay-at-home mom.  How naïve I was! 

1 comment:

  1. You all put smiles on a lot of peoples faces yesterday! Thanks for visiting <3

    ReplyDelete