Who knew the pumpkin patch would lead to so much fun? That pumpkin puree was put to good use.
To make pumpkin puree:
1. Cut small baking pumpkin in half
2. Remove stem, seeds, and guts
3. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a small baking dish
4. Place halves flesh down in dish
5. Cover with foil
6. Bake at 350° for 2 hours
7. Remove peel and mash baked pumpkin
To make 18 pumpkin cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl.
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
4. Add dry ingredients to mixture.
5. Fill batter 3/4 way in cupcake liners.
6. Bake for 18 minutes.
To make cream cheese icing:
Whisk 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract.
Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Toast walnuts for 10 minutes at 350°. Sprinkle on iced cupcakes.