Sunday, August 3, 2014

Get Your Bake On

Over the last few weeks I've had plenty of excuses to bake pretty desserts. I love baking, but I've had no reason to do so since Jesse and I stopped eating sweets. However, during July I had several birthdays, Wednesday night small group, and a baptism to provide desserts for. Here are some of my favorite sweets I've made over the past few weeks.

Cake smash for trio's first birthday

Batman birthday cake with sugar sheets and black buttercream
Mini chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing

Cinnamon pita chips with fresh fruit salsa

Strawberry shortcake bites

Chocolate peanut butter truffles

Paw print smash cake

3 dozen dog themed cupcakes, smash cake, and other treats

6-layer baptism cake

Baking is easy and fun. Decorating is tedious and time consuming (more so with four small children). Watching reactions from people as they see an aesthetic pleasing cake or taste a delicious dessert makes it worth it. Cakes make the occasion.

As Julia Child says, "A party without cake is just a meeting."

No comments:

Post a Comment