Monday, November 17, 2014

"Are You Going to Have Any More?"

Over the weekend I was able to spend some one-on-one time with two babies.

Sweet Baby E is almost 8 months old, which is one of my favorite stages. We hung out in the church nursery while his Daddy made a bonfire for the youth group on Friday evening. He's just figuring out crawling and sitting up, so he's interactive and playful without being dangerously fast. 


Saturday we had the pleasure of caring for our nephew, Baby D. He is two months old and becoming more and more curious about his surroundings. I love being able to rock a baby to sleep and have nothing to do other than watch his chest rise and fall.


While I enjoyed my time with these two sweet boys, it confirmed that I don't want any more children. Over the past few months it has gotten easier and easier to get rid of baby clothes and gear. I am by no means wishing this time away, but I don't want to go through it again. It's not even that I don't want to endure the middle of the night feedings, diaper changes, or witching hours. It's that I simply don't want to be responsible for raising another child. I love children. I like teaching them and caring for them. I love being pregnant. But I feel 100% confident that our family is complete. 

I turned 27 two weeks before the triplets were born. This means that I will (hopefully) be turning 45 right after they graduate high school. I will have four young adults (hopefully in their own homes or apartments) in my late 40's. I find this very appealing to know that Jesse and I could be young, healthy grandparents, teachers, etc.

So for those that continue to ask if we plan to have more children, the answer is a resounding NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment