Friday, July 20, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 1

Yesterday, we cleaned and stocked our fridge with fresh produce in preparations for beginning our juice fast.

We also cleared our counter by temporarily retiring the coffee maker and mixer.  We now have a nice space for cutting and juicing our produce.


Here was our breakfast: 2 carrots, an orange, and an apple.


We also made three glasses each of the "Mean Green" and consumed those throughout the day.


Our afternoon concoction was a basic carrot-cucumber juice. 

Here are our reactions to Day 1:
  • Jesse's perspective:  My head hurts.  I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be.  I ate a banana, drank a lot of water, and had some detox tea.
  • Bonnie's perspective: I am freezing.  I'm wearing pants and a sweatshirt.  I've had a headache off and on throughout the day.  My stomach is grumbling but I have that icky sloshing feeling in my stomach from drinking so much liquid.  We went to the movie theater to see Batman and I could have bathed myself in Cinnabon and movie theater popcorn.
  • We both have very frequent, crystal clear urination.  No digestive problems so far.
Bring on Day 2...

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you'd update; glad for a mostly good day one :)

    ReplyDelete