Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 4

I was apprehensive about Day 4 because it was my first day back to work.  (Okay, technically I don't go back until mid-August, but I have a reading workshop all week.)  I was worried since I obviously wouldn't have access to a juicer from 8-4.  My morning was fine.  I made a carrot-apple juice for breakfast and packed a celery-cucumber juice in my 32-oz thermos, thinking that would suffice.  I filled my lunchbag with ice and placed the cooler inside.  I spilled some of my carrot-apple juice and my lunchbag leaked so I had to empty all the melting ice out.  By lunchtime I had a raging headache and dizziness.  Sipping on warm juice wasn't very appealing, especially while my colleagues were eating Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle.  I should also mention that the air conditioning wasn't turned on in the classrooms.  I felt weak and delirious by late afternoon.

Jesse was bright eyed and full of energy after returning to a healthy diet.  He had cleaned the whole house, rearranged furniture upstairs, and ran errands while I was gone.  He also fixed this delicious pizza using whole wheat crust and preservative-free marinara sauce from Trader Joes.  It was topped with low-fat mozzarella and fresh tomatoes and spinach. 

While he and Jack ate pizza, I sipped on hot green tea (caffeine-free sans sugar, of course).


I think I'm going to call it an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment