For me, anxiety disorder:
- makes the most mundane events seem terrifying.
- blows everything out of proportion and makes me truly panic.
- makes my heart RACE and body tremble with sweat.
- creates unbearable nausea.
- causes me to wake in the middle of the night in fear.
- leaves me speechless and only able to grunt.
- can result in blacking out and waking up on the bathroom floor.
- can send me to the bathroom with intense stomach pains.
- makes me afraid to go to sleep.
- makes me petrified to travel.
- can make me nervous about eating.
- gives me a weak stomach.
- wakes me in the middle of the night with panic.
- makes me guilty that I can't control it.
- makes me feel shameful and the need to hide how bad things really are.
- makes me frustrated when the people closest to me don't understand.
- makes me furious when people say "it's all in your head" or think I'm overreacting.
Update: My sisters and husband coaxed me into going to Urgent Care after a particularly severe attack. (FYI, if you want to get seen in Urgent Care quickly, lay down in the middle of the floor.) I am now taking Clonazepam around the clock for the next week in addition to Zoloft.