Saturday, September 7, 2013

Two Big Boys

I've got two boys growing up before my eyes.  While their accomplishments are quite different, they are further evidence that my boys are getting stronger and more independent.
 
Jackson has learned how to climb the swinging ladder at the park.  He seems to be past his clumsy phase and has noticeably improved his balance and strength.  More importantly, he exercises caution but isn't afraid to try new things. 
 
 
The pendulum is finally beginning to swing where the good big brother moments outweigh the bad big brother moments (on most days).  Jackson and I were downstairs fixing oatmeal when the babies started crying.  Jackson ran upstairs while I finished getting his breakfast ready.  A few minutes later he called down and said, "C'mon Mommy.  Bring my juice upstairs."  Feeling slightly annoyed at being bossed around by a two year old, I came upstairs and saw that Jackson had arranged all of boppy pillows, bottles, blankets, and diapers exactly how I do.  I got the babies on the floor and began the assembly line of changing and feeding.  As I changed the girls' diapers, Jackson took the initiative to begin feeding James. 
 
 
Jack is not the only boy in the house reaching new milestones.  James has been showing off his core strength this week by finally lifting his head and upper body during tummy time. 


He also enjoys looking around while sitting in the bumbo.  As long as he's not tired, James demonstrates excellent upper body control while sitting.


I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy these moments, because they seem to learn new things in the blink of an eye.  I'm not sure I approve of all this growing up.

1 comment:

  1. It's been over a week. I need to see them all...James looks different in that pic. Impressed by Jack's skills too!

    ReplyDelete