Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ministry Opportunities

This morning was another early start for cooking breakfast for the homeless.  I perfected the previous meal by offering fresh fruit, only blueberry mini muffins, and kept the sausage/egg/cheese casserole the same.  They apparently woke up hungry because there was not a crumb left (much to Jesse's disappointment).  The guests were so respectful and kind.  I didn't feel at all rushed since I was familiar with the kitchen layout and had prepared as much as I could in advance.


If you've been following my blog, you're aware that I miss feeling valued and being able to share my gifts outside the realm of motherhood.  I've also been seeking ways to contribute to the family financially by doing something meaningful.  I also am trying to challenge myself to build relationships with others while serving Christ.

Well....

My pastor knows these things as well.  I sent him an e-mail last week asking if he knew of any long-term service opportunities that fit my schedule since Room in the Inn only operates in the winter.  He happened to be the overnight coordinator of the homeless ministries last night and was the one to let me in at 4:30 this morning.  We discussed possible ministry opportunities as I sliced strawberries and assembled the casserole.  He asked me directly if I would consider taking leadership with the high school youth group (with compensation).  The current DCE has accepted another job and is resigning in July.  I've not committed to anything but this could most definitely be an answer to many prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Holy freaking smokes Bonnie Kat, I believe this is phone call worthy! Praying for wisdom/discernment for you as you consider this opportunity. It just thrills me when God shows up in the details time and time again. Amazed. Well done, Bonnie, the Breakfast Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the record I was more excited about my ring. I planned on telling you on the phone afterwards but you seemed ready to go. Pretty impeccable timing, right?

      Delete
  2. I believe a line for one of my favorite Bruce song's is in order here...."Faith Will Be Reward(ed) :) Awesome, awesome news Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete