Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Superior Play and Airport Overlook

I'm always on the lookout for free things to do that are appropriate for Jackson.  Several months ago I learned of a warehouse that sales private playsets, trampolines, and commercial playgrounds.  Everything is on display in an enormous showroom.  It is open free to the public every Wednesday and Friday from 10-1.  I was told to arrive closer to 10 a.m. since they put a cap on how many people are allowed in the showroom at one time.  I've been trying to go for quite a few weeks now but something has always prohibited us from going.  Today was the day!

The playroom is all the way across town and it took about 40 minutes to get there. I was skeptical if it would be worth the drive, but we were not disappointed!

Per usual, Jackson spent several minutes looking around before playing.
James and Amelia waited for their big brother at the bottom of the slide.

Jack was a master at rock climbing on his first try! 

Scoping things out on the trampoline before jumping.

While Jackson had a blast and it was an awesome morning of free fun, I still don't think it would be worth the drive if we didn't find something else to do in the area.  I asked some moms in the showroom what they recommended to do nearby, but everything they suggested cost money.  I decided we would head towards home and stop along the way if anything caught our interest. 

The international airport is about ten minutes from the play place. I remembered Jesse and I taking Jackson to the airport overlook before the triplets were born.  The skies were crystal clear, so I thought it would be a great place to eat our lunch. If I had planned ahead today, I would have made lunch.  Instead, I drove through Burger King, spent $4 on burgers, and parked at the overlook. It was too cold eat outside, but we enjoyed our lunch with a view of airplanes landing and taking off.

Ideal lunch for Jackson

Watching a plane take off

 
Maddie was curious, but unimpressed

Waiting on the taxiway
James was especially amused.

"Whoa! What was that? Come back?"


No comments:

Post a Comment