We ate overpriced chicken salad and pork tacos for dinner. It was the kind of restaurant where the waitress brings you a roll of paper towels with your food. (For the record, we did not follow the Wheat Belly diet.) We rushed through dinner only to get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the movie theater. Jesse was worried we were going to be late to the movies. We walked into the theater during the last preview. The movie itself was the raunchy kind of humor I love. It wasn't as funny as The Hangover or Bridesmaids, but I was definitely crying from laughing at several outlandish scenes.
Even though we missed half of the concert, I wanted to go see a movie because:
- I wanted to wait out the rain since we had lawn seats.
- Jesse had no desire to see Def Leppard, which was the first band playing.
- We could park at the movie theater and walk down the hill to the concert, eliminating traffic headaches when we left.
- The movie was supposed to be really funny and it had been months since Jesse and I went to the movies.
- I had the Fandango gift card from my triplet secret sister so we didn't have to spend money.
We enjoyed a movie and were able to avoid the rain, Def Leppard, and traffic. Once again, it was perfect timing. We attended the concert with Jesse's mom, uncle, and their friends. I'm not a huge KISS lover, but it was definitely a show worth seeing. Personally, I can't understand why a 62 year old man still enjoys spitting blood and fire. Everything about their performance was so over the top.
|Photo taken from Charlotte Observer website|