Friday, June 3, 2011

Backyard Photo Shoot--Friday, June 3

After not having slept the previous night, Jackson took a three hour nap yesterday evening.  I knew there was no hope for his usual 8:00 bedtime.  Jesse retired for the evening around 9, while Jackson and I stayed downstairs another hour.  I put him in the bouncer in the kitchen while I baked a cake to give to one of my coworker's for her birthday.  (I ate entirely too much icing while frosting the cake.  Homemade buttercream icing is one of my many weaknesses.)  Jackson was ridiculously happy while I talked and sang to him.  I can't wait until he's old enough to help me in the kitchen.

Jackson slept much better last night and didn't wake up for good until 9:30 a.m.!  I did wake up to Jackson absolutely screaming at 5 a.m.  Despite being swaddled, he had shuffled his legs through the rails of the crib and was stuck.  I don't know how to stop him from moving so much.  I was able to shower and get ready while he slept. 

After dressing and feeding him, it was time to drive to school to meet my 5th grade team during planning.  (Our kids were in special area classes.)  We sang "Happy Birthday" to my teammate, ate cake, and planned the 5th grade graduation ceremony for next Thursday.  I walked with my long term substitute to pick up my class from P.E.  They were so surprised and excited to see me.  I only stayed for a few minutes but promised to spend more time with them next Thursday.  I had to pry Jackson away from the staff members in the office so I could feed him and head on to our next destination.  He was alert and smiling the whole time.

I had a lunch date with my very pregnant friend, Elizabeth.  Jackson slept the entire time.  We met at Olive Garden and indulged in unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks.  (Well, I indulged.  It's hard to eat a lot when you're 41 weeks pregnant.)  Conversation was easy and enjoyable as always.  I don't miss physically being pregnant, but I do miss the excitement and anticipation of wondering what my birth experience and newborn would be like. 

Thanks to half day exam schedules, Jesse was home before we were.  We fed and changed Jackson, then went outside to enjoy the warm breeze on the hammock and take a few pictures.  I don't want to take Jackson to get professional pictures yet because there's a good chance he'll either be fussing or sleeping.  I made Jesse take lots of pictures of Jackson and I; then we swapped places.  Here are some of my favorites:


 
I had zero motivation to work out today, but after eating the icing last night, cake today, and knowing our dinner plans for breakfast, I would feel incredibly guilty not exercising.  Plus, I'm calling it a 30 Day Challenge, knowing it is going to be difficult some days.  I decided to try out the Funky Fitness class at the gym tonight.  It was basically a hip hop class.  I was the only white person in the class and my lack of rhythm and coordination stood out even more.  The instructor stood about a foot in front of me to mirror exactly what to do several times because I was so obviously clueless.  Nonetheless, it was a great workout and a lot of fun.

Once home I fed Jackson, threw healthy eating out the window with dinner (bacon, eggs, biscuit, and Krispy Kreme doughnut), and got Jackson ready for bed.  I love spending lazy Friday nights with Jesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment