Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exercise Routine Begins--Wednesday, June 1

Jackson was a fussy baby all morning! It probably didn't help when I clipped skin off of his thumb while cutting his nails this morning.  He looked me dead in the eye and then started wailing.  I felt like the world's worst mother.  (I couldn't even find the mark on his thumb a few hours later.)

I am so sick of being spit up on.  I know he is a baby and I'm obviously not mad at him.  I'm just tired of changing from one oversized t-shirt to the next.  Forget the burp cloths, I need to invent some kind of giant adult bib to use while burping him.  This is a constant state of being living with an infant. 


Today is the kick off of my self-inflicted 30 Day Challenge.  After viewing the Child Watch, I decided to forgo the morning Zumba class and wait for Jesse to come home.  Jesse will be home early every day this week due to abbreviated school day during exams.  After I nursed Jackson, I changed into workout clothes and drove to the gym.  It was a harsh reminder that I am indeed out of shape.  My cardio consisted of 15 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and 5 minutes on the stairmaster.  (My goal was 15 minutes on each, but I totally wimped out.)  I did 3 sets of 15 reps for various arm and leg weights.  I tried to the ab machine but literally was too weak to use it past one set.  I ended my hour long workout with ten more minutes on the elliptical. 

Once I came home I fed Jackson and laid on the bed under the fan while Jesse made dinner.   After dinner I decided I need to work on my ab muscles so I pulled up one of the 10 min ab workouts on Exercise on Demand.  There are about 50 free workout videos with a wide range of workouts including kickboxing, belly dancing, yoga, and isolated muscle toning videos.  Those 10 minutes kicked my ass!  Jesse said I sounded exactly like I did while pushing during labor.

Like clockwork, Jackson was ready for bed around 8 pm.  Now Jesse and I are watching TV and getting ready to put Jackson in the crib and get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment