Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On the Go, Go, Go--Tuesday, June 7

Today's agenda included cleaning the house, a lunch date with yet another pregnant friend, cookie baking, exercising, and dinner with colleagues.  I was super impressed with my domestic skills this morning.  I managed to shower, dress, eat breakfast, make the bed, wash/dry/fold laundry, vacuum the entire house, unload the dishwasher, hand wash large dishes, nurse and change Jackson twice, clean tables and counters, tidy the downstairs, and grocery shop for some baking items--all before noon.

Jackson and I met my friend, Larissa, for lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  I kept Jackson in the Ergo the whole time.  Their customer service was outstanding.  They carried my food to our table, brought us napkins, and offered to refill our drinks.  I had invited Larissa over to my house after lunch to make lactation cookies together and discuss cloth diapering.  Larissa is expecting twins in a few weeks. (So exciting!)   She plans to breastfeed, so I recommended she keep the cookies in her freezer ready to eat to boost her milk supply.  We made two batches of cookies (1 for me, 1 for her) and they turned out perfectly. 


This afternoon Jackson was napping on Jesse's chest like usual and I had to take a double take.  I swear this child is growing inches and pounds each day.  One of my favorite pictures of Jesse and Jackson is from the day we came home from the hospital.  Today Jackson was laying on Jesse's chest in the exact same position as that picture, so I had to take another photo to compare.  Look how much my baby has grown in two months!


I had plans tonight to attend my principal's big retirement dinner at Carrabba's.  Jesse didn't want to go so he took Jackson with him to finally buy a new carseat for his car and grab a quick dinner.  Obviously I completely trust Jesse with Jackson, but I still felt guilty leaving my baby for so long.  We do everything together!  Dinner was a reminder of how much I adore our staff.  I feel indebted to my principal, as she took a chance hiring me, and has given me her full support, allowing me to grow as a teacher during my first three years.  Somehow I ended up eating with my principal along with her boyfriend and best friend, rather than my colleagues.  I was able to sneak away and chat with my beloved 5th grade team for a bit, but I needed to head home to feed Jackson before heading to my final destination for the day.

My friend Elizabeth was induced yesterday evening, and it has become a longer than expected process.  My sister has been at the hospital around the clock (along with baby Jude).  She asked if I could bring her some spare onesies and dinner when I came to visit.  I finally made it to the hospital at 8:30 and stayed just over an hour.

I got home at 10 pm, rushed upstairs to check on my sleeping baby and husband, and headed back downstairs.  I am proud to say I successfully forced myself to complete a grueling 30 min Last Chance workout and pump 5 ounces before going to bed.  I feel like I've been going nonstop today and have hardly had a chance to snuggle with Jackson.  I might just have to steal him from his crib tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment