Thursday, June 2, 2011

Serenity Prayer--Thursday, June 2

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
  • Newborns don't sleep through the night.  No matter how tired I am at 3:00 in the morning, I chose to have a child and it's my responsibility to feed him.
  • As much as I would love to know, I have absolute no say in whether or not our next baby will be a girl.
  • My hips are not going to shrink.
  • Jackson will never have the pleasure of meeting my parents (on Earth). 

courage to change the things I can;
  • Over time, I can change my weight and strength.  I can choose to eat better and exercise or I can choose to binge on sweets and sit on my ass.  I have control over this.
  • There are certain efforts I can make to increase my frozen milk stash.  #1--Pump more!  Time to suck it up.  (pun intended)
  • I can make an effort to socialize with other moms and make new friends with similar lifestyles.  I joined CharlotteMommies weeks ago but have been too afraid to go to any meetups.

and wisdom to know the difference.
  • Can I change Jackson's feeding schedule?  Does he need to eat 3 times in the middle of the night? 
  • Will my wedding ring every fit again?  Can I lose weight in my fingers or do I just have to get it resized?
  • Is Jesse's career in his hands or only God's?  Should he stay home or go to work?
  • Can I change my career status with National Boards next year?  Is it worth it? 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I did not have enough patience to be a mother last night, as Jackson was awake every hour and I was physically drained.  After finally realizing he was never going to go back to sleep, I showered, dressed, and changed him at 7 a.m.  I put him on his tummy while I toasted my bagel and this is how I found him two minutes later.  Go figure...

1 comment:

  1. Kuddos for this post. Sometimes it's hard to be that honest with ourselves, let alone a blog community.

    ReplyDelete